Your privacy is important to the Swiss company CNN Money Switzerland SA, Avenue de Rumine 13, c/o Wilhelm Avocats, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland (hereinafter "CNN Money Switzerland SA", "we" or "us").
"users": means the persons that use our Service(s).
"personal data": means all information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
"processing" and/or "process" means any operation with your data, irrespective of the means applied and the procedure, and in particular the collection, storage, use, revision, disclosure, archiving or destruction of your data. We process your personal data in accordance with Swiss laws, including the Federal Act on Data Protection currently applicable.
"disclosure": means making data accessible, for example by permitting access, transmission or publication.
I. Data we process
1. Data You Provide To Us. You may subscribe to one of our Services such as our online newsletters or text message alerts. In this course, we often seek to collect from you various forms of data, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
2. Data That is Passively or Automatically Collected. In addition, we process various types of data about you, your computer or other device used to access our Services. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected data may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers (such as an Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Services you have visited, Services visited before and after you visit a Service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Service (e.g., iOS, Android), location data, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on.
3. Geo-location Data. If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location data with us so we can customize your experience on our Services. If you do not agree to such processing, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data processing at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
II. For which purposes do we process your Data?
We may use your Data in particular to:
1. provide and communicate with you about the Services or your account with us,
2. fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
3. respond to your inquiries, and notify you if you have won a contest,
4. communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
5. enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Data,
6. provide technical support for the Services,
7. prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services,
8. protect the safety of our Users,
9. customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the Services or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
10. perform analysis regarding how you use the Services or any part thereof.
III. Data Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose the Data to third parties as follows:
1. To service providers or partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf, after they have guaranteed the same level of security of your Data as we do. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Services; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (k) otherwise support our Services.
2. In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request or similar request.
4. We may transfer some or all of your Data if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
To enhance your online experience, we use so-called "cookies", which are text files placed in your computer's browser, mobile device’s browser and/or any other device’s browser to store your preferences. These cookies capture usage information such as the date and the time of your visit, the name of the site you visited, the IP address of your device and your operating system.
IV a.Mandatory Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the features of the www.cnnmoney.ch website to function properly. They manage cookie preferences, load the balancing of server, play videos, and view pages optimally. These cookies ensure that the site performs requested tasks and collect data for audit purposes. The collected information is aggregated for analysis.
|AKA_A2||Akamai Technologies provides a cache system for quick access to the content on website.|
s_cc / s_sq /
s_vi / s_fid /
_cb_ls / _cb_svref/
_cb / _cb_cp
|Chartbeat is used to understand engagement with pages by tracking.|
IV b.Customization Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the overall experience of your visit through personalized advertising.
NID / SID / HSID /
lbcs / IDE / DSID /
FLC / AID / TAID /
exchange_uid / __gads / __gac /
|Google uses different types of cookies for products associated with advertisements and websites of Google. The categories of use are: preferences, security, process, and advertising.|
Pid / Pdomid /
Pbw /Sasd /
Sasd2 / Comp /
vs / csync /
partner-xxx /csfq / gid
V. Disabling Cookies
VI. Data Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain Data security, and to use correctly the Data we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Data that we collect and store.
VII. Linked Services (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
Some of our Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and other media services and platforms whose data practices may be different than ours. Theses links are called "social plug-ins" and can be recognized by their social network logo. They are only activated if you click on the icon.
You should consult these other services' privacy notices as we have no control over data that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
VIII. International Transfer of your Data and Google Analytics
Please note that we process your Data in accordance with Swiss laws, including the Federal Act on Data Protection currently applicable.
CNN Money Switzerland SA is a company that operates globally so it is necessary to transfer your Data internationally. In particular, your Data will be transferred to and processed in Switzerland and in the USA where many of our central databases operate.
We have chosen to use Adobe Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Adobe that tracks and reports website traffic, in order to analyze the traffic on the Service. In a nutshell, Adobe Analytics collects and stores on its servers in the USA the Data passively or automatically collected. Statistical reports based on this analytics service contain no private Data. Adobe Analytics uses in particular cookies.
IX. What Are Your Rights Regarding Your Data?
You are entitled to access to certain personal Data that is collected from our Services and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Service, you can access that account to review the Data you provided.
You have the right to obtain information in writing and free of charge about the Data of your that we process. Your request for information must be issued in writing, include a copy of your ID cart or passport, and sent to the following address:
CNN Money Switzerland SA
Attn: Data Protection Officer
You likewise have the right to request the correction of incorrect Data. You are also entitled to request the deletion of your Data unless the applicable laws and regulations oblige us to store your Data.
If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing data from this Service, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Service.
X. How to Contact Us
CNN Money Switzerland SA
Attn: Data Protection Officer
We may ask you to provide additional data for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
XI. Governing law and jurisdiction